Madrasah Al Furqan is an evening Madrasah which runs classes for boys and girls aged 4 ½ to 15. At present we have 300 boys and girls enrolled in the Madrasah. Pupils attend daily, Monday to Friday from 4.55pm to 7:30pm. We run three Hifz classes comprising of approximately 12 students each. We have 18 Nazira classes for the boys and girls.
The aims of the Madrasah are:
- To instill the love of Allah, His Rasool (صلى الله عليه وسلم) and His deen in the students' hearts from a young age.
- Create an understanding and awareness of what is right and wrong in terms of being valuable members of society and servants to the creator Allah.
- Create the ability to recite the Qur’an with fluency and Tajweed and bring in them the interest to regularly recite the Glorious Qur'an.
- Give them the fundamental knowledge of deen they require to guide them through life.
- Give them the best tarbiyyah (training) possible to give them the best chance in life to please their creator through good actions.
Children like to be rewarded for their efforts and this helps them work harder and better.
For this reason we have a daily, monthly and yearly awards system to keep them motivated and working hard.
- Daily they are given points out of 10 for every lesson based on their performance in learning and behavior
- Monthly these points are tallied together and students are given gold, silver and bronze awards for their efforts.
- The best student in each class receives a students of the month award with a small prize.
- Annually students receive awards for exceptional performance in examinations, best points total for each year group and 100% attendance tophies.
- High expectation of learning
- Support from teachers
- Additional learning support where required
- Clear and regular communication.
- A well organised and structured daily timetable and syllabus
- Care and concern for every child's progress in both ta'leem and tarbiyyah
- Expectation to learn at home and come well prepared for madrasah daily.
- Best attendance and punctuality.
- Following all madrasah rules and regulations.
- Following the madrasah dress code and uniform
If you are interested in enrolling your child at Madrasah al Furqan, you will need to download and complete the following application form:
Once completed the application must be dropped to the madrasah office along with a copy of either the child's birth certificate or passport and admission fee of £25.
Before signing the application form you must carefully read our madrasah guidelines and rules and regulations which can be downloaded here,
Please note: Admission is subject to availability of spaces and your child passing the admission test for their year group.
Stage 1: Once the application form is received you will receive a call from the madrasah office.
Stage 2: If the application is successful, a date of admission will be given and both parent and child will be called in for an induction.
Stage 3: First fee payment is received
The current yearly fees (September 2019 - July 2020) are as follows:
Hifz Class - £600
Year 1 - 8 - £360
Reception - £300
Payments can be made as one lump sum at the start of the academic year or in ten monthly installments.
The fees do not include, the cost of text books, stationery etc.
Note: Fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change as and when deemed necessary.